Choosing a career is a daunting task, and you are not alone if you're having trouble deciding what you want to do. It's important to realise that this is a big question that many people struggle with and that it may take some time to figure out the answer.
What To Expect
A Career Counsellor listens to your needs, then works with you to develop a plan to reach your career goals. It is important to remember, however, that a career counsellor can only act as your "coach." It is up to you make your career plan a reality.
Career Counsellors offer objective, confidential careers advice based on your individual needs. This advice can include (but is not limited to):
- finding your passion
- helping explore which career paths you’d like to pursue
- conducting Vocational Assessments (work-related values, interests, working style, strengths) & abilities
- discussing options for further study
- providing sector specific information or advising on where to find such information;
- signposting you to relevant resources and/or external services
- transitioning to work or study